The Experience Assistant assists the Experience Strategists and Analysts with project execution work, with a primary focus on executing QA tests. The EA ensures the quality of the finished product we deliver to clients through rigorous testing and analysis. They provide necessary support to the Strategy and Experience team, testing sites for visual and functional adherence and preparing testing and training documentation for our clients.
Quality & Accessibility Analyst performs testing and quality assurance activities, including accessibility verification, as well as documentation on web-based systems. Responsibilities include carrying out Anexus process for system testing, accessibility verification and remediation, issue resolution, communicating issues to the project manager and development team.
- Execute test plans
- Submit properly formatted bug tickets
- Assist with project documentation
- Become functional expert on custom web systems.
- Perform functional testing and quality assurance.
- Perform Section 508 and web accessibility testing.
- Perform usability testing and make recommendations for improvement.
- Perform design and user experience testing across multiple OS/browser platforms.
- Keep track of system issues in Anexus issue tracking system.
- Execute Anexus process for issue resolution.
- Serve as Anexus resident expert on Section 508 requirements and WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines).
- Speak at conferences, write blog posts, and otherwise evangelize about accessibility on the web.
- Prepare documentation and training materials.
- Deliver client training in person and remotely via web conference.
- Support client closely during the transition phase of projects.
- Assist and organize content migration activities.
- Respond quickly to customer support requests and triage bug reports.
- Assist clients with personal training when appropriate.
- Make recommendations for system improvements and new features.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must speak English in about 90%.
- Must possess at least 3 years of IT project experience.
- Must possess at least 2 years of experience with testing and/or business analyst responsibilities.
- Requires experience testing web-based systems.
- Requires experience developing system and user documentation.
- Must have experience communicating with system users.
- Requires an understanding of modern Internet technologies.
- Knowledge of life cycle processes to include planning, analysis, design, testing, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires proven ability to work well independently, as well as part of a team.
- Requires strong communication (verbal and written) skills with team members and clients.
- Candidate must have the proven ability to manage time while working on a variety of tasks.
- Must communicate effectively with team members.
- Possess an interest in learning new technologies and practices when applicable.
- Possess a willingness and attitude to help customers find workable solutions.
- Experience with any ticketing tools such as Bugzilla or JIRA is a plus.
- Don't burn the place down.
- Understanding and experience with iterative application development including Agile development methodologies such as Extreme Programming (XP), and/or phased iterative methodology such as the Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Knowledge of full life cycle development processes or CMMI is helpful.
- Experience documenting web and content management system features is helpful.
- Experience leading and facilitating training sessions is a plus.
- Experience providing direct customer support is a plus.
- Understanding and experience with online publishing, open government, non-profit or advocacy business practices is a plus.
- Knowledge of web-based solutions including data driven websites/portals, web services, content management systems (CMS), contact relationship management (CRM), e-commerce (EC), membership management and online community solutions.
- IT Development and/or consulting background a plus, though not required.
Anexus is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.