When: September 29th, 2012
Where: AnexusIT Office @ Heredia
Max. Occupancy: 15 attendees
Live Boardcasting: Click here
RVSP: info(at)anexusit.com (Event is all booked)
With hands-on training you'll get kick started in learning Drupal. You'll also talk to local professional developers who use Drupal. We'll tell you about the kinds of jobs available, and how you can determine which is right for you.
In this three hour session, experience using Drupal, and learn about the community as well.
What is Drupal?
Drupal (pronounced drew-pull) is web development software written in a popular scripting language - PHP. Drupal has both a point and click interface to allow tech-savvy people to put together websites with no programming experience; and Drupal also has an API and framework for programmers to develop unique applications. And it's all free- it's opensource.
Consider a career in Drupal
Drupal has become wildly popular over the last 5 years, and there are many jobs available for people from a variety of backgrounds. This should be great news in an economy where students are concerned about finding meaningful, exciting careers with growth potential.
- Software/Web Developers exploring new options.
- Students exploring options for careers in web development.
- Career switchers looking to expand on their prior experience.
- Self-starters who are curious and want to learn new skills that are in demand.
3 hours straight.
Spanish. Some English knowledge is required.
By the end of the training you will be able to:
- Explain how a typical site is built in Drupal, and explain the page-model in Drupal.
- Use Drupal specific terminology such as fields, views, node, block, page.
- Determine what skills you need to develop to reach your goals.
- Know where to go to find career opportunities in Drupal.
- Articulate the various roles and opportunities available.
What is provided
- Internet connection and power outlets. Please bring your own computer.